Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

The mission statement.

The Umbrella Murder is, of course, a reference to the assassination of Bulgarian political dissident Georgi Markov in London on my birthday in 1978.  This is a marriage of two worlds which I find endlessly fascinating; those worlds being Cold War intrigue and me.  I'm not sure where I plan to go with this blog, but I imagine that it will simply serve as a vessel for yet another internet hack who just likes to think they have something important to say.  I intend to mostly post political/philosophical essays or stream of consciousness type things.  Comments are more than encouraged as the act of bouncing ideas back and forth is one of the things that gets a project like this to snowball.  It certainly fuels my interest and in return, hopefully helps to hold yours as well.

I'd like to acknowledge my first hit from Russia on my blog.  I would love to see many more Russians visiting me here.  I am looking forward to hearing about the political climate over there and learn more about the culture and such.  It's a great, faxcinating, complex country and I want to know everything.  Okay, I'll stop with being a groupie now.

No comments:

Post a Comment